Jim Manis on Most Anything

Jim Manis can formulate an opinion about a good many things, including those about which he has little knowledge. (And some dude named "Lazlo.") Visit The MagicFactory.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Prognosis:

Back in the summer of 2005, I was sitting in the living room of my friend Andy, who asked me who I thought the presidential candidates would be in '08. "The black senator from Illinois," I said, "and he'll run against McCain and kick his butt."

"Obama?" Andy said. "Against McCain? It'll never happen. The Republicans will never run McCain, and nobody's even heard of Obama."

"That's okay," I said. "Wait and see."

Andy hasn't spoken to me since.

Now I'm going out on a limb again. Here's my prediction for 2014: President Obama will be campaigning for fellow Democrats based on being very close to a balanced budget.

Remember, you saw it here first. (Check out Jackie Calmes article in the afternoon edition of The New York Times.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger AdicaRoy said...

I would like to state for the record that I was the first person who told you that Obama was going to be the first black president. And it was ages ago. So ha.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home