Jim Manis on Most Anything

Jim Manis can formulate an opinion about a good many things, including those about which he has little knowledge. (And some dude named "Lazlo.") Visit The MagicFactory.

Monday, December 18, 2017

Review: A Short History of World War I by James L. Stokesbury

A Short History of World War IA Short History of World War I by James L. Stokesbury

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have enjoyed reading popular histories since I was a boy in junior high. As an adult, my career precluded much time to indulge in this pleasure, but when I retired, I began to do so again. Sokesbury's book on WWI help to fill a gap in my education regarding the era surrounding that period. The book is an easy read, and sometimes humorous, which helps. The Great War was an incalculably import series of events, resulting in the Second World War, with difficult to understand causes, not one of which seems sufficient to have brought about the results.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home