Jim Manis on Most Anything

Jim Manis can formulate an opinion about a good many things, including those about which he has little knowledge. (And some dude named "Lazlo.") Visit The MagicFactory.

Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Taratuta and Still Life with Pipe: Two NovellasTaratuta and Still Life with Pipe: Two Novellas by José Donoso
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this book in a discount bin nearly 30 years ago and have been carrying it around ever since, always intending to read it. I got it towards the end of my fascination with Latin American writers, not that I no longer read them, but I just don't find them as compelling as I did back then. The two novellas remind me of Carlos Fuentes with whom his work has been paired at times.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home