Jim Manis on Most Anything

Jim Manis can formulate an opinion about a good many things, including those about which he has little knowledge. (And some dude named "Lazlo.") Visit The MagicFactory.

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Kant and the Platypus: Essays on Language and CognitionKant and the Platypus: Essays on Language and Cognition by Umberto Eco

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I freely confess that I didn't understand half of what Eco was trying to tell me in this book. Linguistics is fascinating, but my background, despite a semester's worth of study in grad school, is too limited. Still, Eco is a fine writer, and his examples/illustrations are often entertaining.

This is a book meant for serious students of linguistics, and not the faint of heart (to coin a phrase).



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home