Jim Manis on Most Anything

Jim Manis can formulate an opinion about a good many things, including those about which he has little knowledge. (And some dude named "Lazlo.") Visit The MagicFactory.

Monday, June 17, 2019

SerenaSerena by Ron Rash

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Evil, thy name is Serena. I like reading Ron Nash, but, damn, bro, this is harsh. There is a bit of Macbeth in this novel, but don't expect The Lady to try to wash her hands clean. She wants to cut all the world's trees down, and I'm still trying to figure out why. In the end, the asp comes back to strike cleanly at her bosom. (Wait, that's another play.)

I'm still struggling to figure out why Jennifer Lawrence would want to play this character in a movie, but since I haven't seen the film, I have to guess it underwent considerable revision.

From the beginning, you have to be aware that you're reading a revenge play … and that's another play. Oh, well.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home